Situated 21 kilometres south of the township of Murchison this 170ha dairy farm sits on the banks of the Matakitaki River. This farm comprises 3 terrace levels all of which are flat giving a total of 140 ha effective grazing, plus an estimated 50 ha, some leased land with a 10 year right of renewal, then paper roads and accretion. Herd and equipment available at valuation if required. Presently milking 350 cows once a day, averaging 124,000 kilograms of milk solids per season for the last 3 seasons. This could be your golden opportunity to get into the dairy industry with plenty of room to increase production. Murchison offers a great community spirit, schooling, hunting and fishing.
Production and amenities:
- Holding an average 60 replacement Heifers on the farm annually.
- The 38 aside Waikato Plant cowshed is well situated in the center of the farm, with capacity to hold 500 cows in the yard.
- FortiGate effluent system, consented for 400 cows.
- Good all-weather tracks and infrastructure
- The farm produces 550 bailage bails and currently has 10 ha crop of Kale and Swede.
- Soil testing and fertilizer application has been undertaken and is within industry standards.
- A very reliable water supply to the property via a gravity fed system.
- Dwellings, the main dwelling on the property has undergone remodeling and additions now this two story home has six bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The second dwelling is a 1970s home with 3 bedroom and one bathroom.
- The property has a second 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom workers cottage.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for further information or to arrange a viewing.
Request Property Pack
Thank you, the requested information has been emailed to you.